Friday 11 July 2008

The value of a community

Oh how lovely - I've got comments!!! :-)

For the first time in my life I'm feeling like I belong with a group of like-minded people. Its just a shame we're all so far apart from each other, but the good side to that is that we're spread out across the world so that we can prove that simple living is possible wherever you are, and to be an inspiration, hopefully, to those who value 'things' and 'blings' above the simplicity of home and loved ones.

The best blog in the known universe is Down to Earth, written by the ever-lovely Rhonda Jean. Go here http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/ for an education you'll value your entire life. I've been reading this blog for something like 6 months now, after a huge money crisis hit early in January and I had no choice but to not spend any money at all. Being an addictive shopper, that was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but fear kept me on the straight and narrow for the short-term. I then looked on www.moneysavingexpert.com for more help and found their online community were really helpful and supportive to a newbie moneysaver like myself. From there, I found a good blog, and from that blog I found Rhonda Jean. I've not been the same since, and I'll never look back.

That, in brief, is my journey to salvation. Not, you understand, in a religious way, as I am not at all religious. That's another story in itself, to be saved for another day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi FiFi

My crisis happened in February but apart from that the road to Rhonda Jean is the same. So much good sense and encouragement. As you say I haven't been the same since. I am simplifying my life the Rhonda Jean way.

Have a happy day.

Pippa

RosieB said...

I'm a member on MSE too, I spend most time on the Old Style boards. I found so much good advice and information there it really helped me out of financial crisis a couple of years ago; not quite sure how I found Rhonda Jean but she's such an inspiration to so many. :)

Tiddles said...

Hi Fifi,

I've just found your blog via Down to Earth, which has been really inspirational to me in my quest for the simple life! Good luck with your blog.

Tiddles